Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Days of our Paradox...

Writing has been coming harder and harder with the Unicorn here. The kinds of edits and changes I need to be making require concentration and right now she and I are working on watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's been so long since I've watched it all the way through that I feel the need to concentrate on it more so I can actively engage her more in conversation about the show.

So, the writing is on hold until Monday. And I can live with that.

Yesterday she came with me to see Val.

That was amazing.

Since the Unicorn and I agree we're basically of the same mind, and Val and I agree that we're basically of the same mind. I told Val that the Unicorn had finished Supernatural and that I'd gotten her addicted to Buffy now.

This resulted in ALL THREE of us co-geeking out over Supernatural.

Even Bran said he would have paid money to see that, LOL

--

Oh, also:

Val's feedback on the current Ghost Story is 'more'. More detail, more backstory, more more more…

I've since realized that my actual problem is the 50K word cap. Trying to fit everything into those confines is where the problem is arising. I need to be aiming for something more like 100K. Giving more in depth characters like the back up cast. Going deeper into whole conversations and stuff.

My problem with the pacing, this time, isn't that it's too slow.

IT'S TOO FAST!!

--

The Unicorn and I have been having some interesting conversations too. I'm finding that she's mature enough to discuss my life problems with me, and I'm comfortable going to her for advice on them.

I asked about Bran. Given how well I've been doing while he's been gone. I love my place being orderly. One of my new sweeties even pointed that out to me. I might call him Foxtrot. He's kind of antiquated in some ways. It's fucking adorable.

So, I asked the Unicorn what I should do about that. Given that I KNOW I'll be loathe to give up the sanctity of my own private environment and my ability to host whoever/whenever.

The Unicorn suggests that when Bran and I reach Co-habitation again, that I have a private space that is just for me. Like we should have separate bedrooms, or even live on opposite sides of a duplex, or something. That way I can still have my freedom without Bran holding me back.

I think he'll go for that. I think he needs me to be less clinging.

--

I also asked the Unicorn about Echo…

Echo is important.

Important enough for me to regret the promises that I've made to the Dragon, Daddy, and Gingersnap. On the one hand, I feel that my integrity is in question if I break those promises. But, on the other hand… no one was here to collect on those promises, either.

The Unicorn helped me see that those promises were there to show me WHAT I needed. But, not necessarily WHO I needed.

She said they were like the little fights leading up to the Boss Fight.

And then, I agreed, that the other promises were more of a dress rehearsal.

We'll see where it goes.

I have a feeling that some guys might be regretting keeping me waiting.


But then again, had I been important enough to them to begin with, they wouldn't have kept me waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment