Friday, August 25, 2017

Dating SUCKS!

I'm really enjoying this vacation time with the Unicorn. I think it's something both she and I really needed. Just some good, quality, Mother/Daughter bonding time. I’m not even upset that it gets in the way of me trying to overcome my writer's block. I think I need the break from trying to break it.

Naturally, I have boys coming out of the woodwork wanting to get together with me and I have to keep turning them down, but that's a pretty good test to see which ones are just going to leave me anyway. Maybe I should fake more Mother/Daughter bonding just to see who will keep talking to me when I say I can't meet with them right away.

*sigh*

Dating sucks.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - I agree with the Blue Falcon that I need more friends. I'm just unsure about how to make them. I think Meetup might be an answer, but that's never really worked for me in the past. I need something that has an online discussion group too. Something where I can get to know people on screen a bit first and then they’re happy to meet me in person.

We'll see.

 - Writing - Still on hold.

 - Reading - So this shitty book I’m reading has transitioned from a collection Paranormal Romance shorts to the newest story being a BDSM short under a different writer, but a lot of the same mistakes seem to be there. I'm pretty sure it's the same author, just a different pen name.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - 8 hours 25 minutes, 5x awake, 18x restless, 44 minutes awake/restless.

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Blood Sugar - 135 this morning… so it remains the same that we're edging into 'high'. It's not too high. It's not 'dangerously high'… but it's a little high.

 - INR - I think I forgot to mention that that's high too. Also, they were training a new phlebotomist. She totally blew out the vein in my right hand. I have a giant ass bruise there.

 - Nervous System - I'm really looking forward to seeing my Chiropractor again… especially with that ligament in my heal acting up and all the body trauma from the road trip… I know I need some work done.

 - Inflammation - I'm angry about how much weight I've gained… I know the inflammation is to blame, but there's still nothing I can do about it.

 - Exercise/Yoga - I messaged the Blue Falcon about joining a gym with me, but no response yet. So, I guess we'll just have to see.

 - Weight Management - I'm so fucked.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - I got to chat with him a little bit this morning. As usual, nothing is different. It's all just more of the same…

I don't know when this will end.

 - The Unicorn - We got in some good Buffy/Angel time yesterday because she was very curious about Angel's baby. It was sweet. I love our bonding time.

It's also adorable as hell that she keeps trying to be the voice of reason when it comes to the Blue Falcon. Every time she sees me getting moon eyed over him she's all "Don't get too attached." - and I'm all, "Sorry, that ship has sailed!". LOL, it's still cute though.

I got a message from JerkBoy this morning. His dad wants to take her to an air show this weekend, but I was brave and stood up to him. I asked him if it would be okay to ask HER permission before impacting Mother/Daughter time.

Go Me!

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bios there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - The Unicorn and I are going to his place tonight. Dinner and a movie. I'm bringing one of my Filet Mignon roasts and the Blue Falcon will be providing the potatoes and veg. It should be a good dinner, but I'm sure the cats are going to go a little crazy over the meat smell.

We're going to watch Stage Fright… OMG!! I can't wait!

*sigh*

So, the Blue Falcon got rejected by the girl I tried to set him up with. She gave some bullshit excuse about how he wasn't her type. What fucking ever, Princess. I don't fucking care.

She better not ever whine to me again that she can't find someone who will treat her the way she wants to be treated because I KNOW the Blue Falcon could have given her that. Stupid little bint. She gets what she deserves.

It is, however, eye opening.

I've rejected guys on less.

I need to be more open.

Careful… but open.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - I don't even think about them.

 - The Hopefuls - This one guy that I've known for ages told me this morning that he's not going to talk about sex anymore. I guess he's been getting it a lot that girls think he's ONLY about sex. Okay, he DID talk about sex a lot, but he's all pent up and I kinda get it. I applaud him for trying to keep it clean, though. It shows a lot of character on his part.

I am looking forward to meeting him in person, though. I really want to be the one that breaks his sexual dry spell.  :)  I owe him that.

 - Honorable Mentions - There was this one guy I rejected because he sent me an unsolicited dick pic after I expressly told him not to…

Do I owe him a second chance?

*shrug* I don't know… can't decide.

End Notes:

Which pretty much brings me full circle right back to Dating SUCKS!

GRRRR!


Bran, just come home already so I don't have to deal with this shit anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment