Tuesday, August 15, 2017

How are we expected to survive?

So, it's officially the 15th. Which means it's officially the day that Bran has been gone for 11 months.

There's still talk of promotions. Things that would bring him home. But that's all it is so far, jut talk.

Just how the hell are we supposed to keep surviving this?

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - / - Writing - Nothing new to report.

 - Reading - I finished reading the historical romance about the gay male polyamorous triad. I left an absolutely glowing review for the author because the themes of the book are so totally not my thing, but it was a GOOD STORY that sucked me in anyway, despite my proclivities.

I'm letting a D20 app on my phone pick which book I read next, LOL.

The next one is a dark romance and I'm so NOT looking forward to it, but what the hell, right? This is the whole reason I snap up books when they're free. I need exposure to other indie authors, their styles and I need to see more of what works and what doesn't.

OH!! And I also figured out how to put things on a back shelf in my Kindle App. So, no more 'already read' clutter!

So, we're getting somewhere…

Now, let's just hope it helps.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - I still had water in my bottle when I woke up this morning. That usually means a less restless sleep during the night because I take a drink whenever I need to roll over and adjust my position.

8 hours 22 minutes, 2x awake, 12x restless, 28 minutes awake/restless.

I wonder how much of that awake/restless was me hitting the snooze this morning?

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Exercise/Yoga - I miss the pond. Our old apartment was right next to a pond that was exactly 1/3 of a mile around. So I could literally cast three-fold spells just by walking a mile every day. And it only took me like 20 minutes to walk it too. It was fresh air and the tree canopy was enough that there wasn't a whole lot of direct sunlight.

I feel like I'd be exercising more if I still had the pond.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - I talk to him more now that the elder abomination is in daycare and _she_ doesn't have a work break, so Bran has to use his to drive all the way back and do a daycare pick up. He fucking hates it. It's a waste of gas and time. But he's saddled with the task, so he must do it. The only up side is that he talks to me more during the day while he's in transit.

Thing is, we don't really say anything. We tell each other the little things going on in our lives… but not much else is shared.

I can't tell if he's feeling as depressed and hopeless as I am, but I kind of feel like he must be.

Really…

How are we expected to keep surviving this?

 - The Unicorn - 3 more days!!

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Have I mentioned how much I fucking hate one night stands?

 - The Hopefuls - There are a couple of blips on the radar right now… funny that they should show up NOW, right when I'm in the tail spin of a death spiral and I can't even bring myself to feel hope over any of them. Some nights I don't even want to chat with them. I just want to be left alone so I can watch my movie or read my book.

*sigh*

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

End Notes:


How are we expected to survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment