Friday, August 11, 2017

So, I started reading a book... :)

Not sure what the hell happened, but yesterday I got a little fed up with the fact that there was a massive cliffhanger in a show I was really starting to like, and the rest of the 'quality' programming on Prime was all B-Movies and crap.

I actually picked up a book and started reading it.

Nothing A-List or anything. I'm still supporting the Indie authors. I have a TON of free books that I've downloaded from different author promotions. I nab the free books when they're free because it doesn't hurt my funds and it helps them with their download numbers.

Now that I'm reading the book, that shows up on their records too. And, of course, I intend to leave a positive review when I'm done!!

Remind me to get into Goodreads and start stomping out a place there, okay?

Anyway, I'm reading Spectra, and it's really good so far. Nice and original. I'm only on chapter 4 and I’m nice and hooked. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of my free time with it today and in the days to come.  :)

YES!

This also gets me one step closer to working on my own novel again, I’m sure of it.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - / - Writing - My brain/body decided to shut down yesterday shortly after composing yesterday's entry. Normally my entry is written while I'm working on morning coffee, and I can always get my brain/body to cooperate with those two events in sync. Typing my entry and drinking my coffee. But then after that… it's always up in the air. Sometimes I'm ready to do more… other days I'm ready to find my way right to my comfy couch, my pillow, and my choice programming on TV…

At least I got some movement in a better direction yesterday.

 - Reading - So, this is a new section. Just added today. This is where I'll tell you a bit about how the reading is going and if it's having a positive effect anywhere else.

Again, I'm reading a nice Indie book that I downloaded for free. So far it's really good. The sex scenes are fucking amazing. I definitely have things to learn from the way this woman writes about sex!!

I should have started taking notes or something.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - I got to bed exactly on time last night. So, also a step in the right direction. Got up without hitting the snooze too!!

8 hours 27 minutes, 2x awake, 9x restless, 22 minutes awake/restless.

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - INR - It appears I backed off a little too much on my medication and now my INR is way too low.

Meh!

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - Someone in a much higher position than Bran was 'let go' from the company, increasing Bran's chances for advancement. The same advancement that could a) keep him there 3 months longer, but also b) absolutely bring him home after that 3 month training is complete.

Bran has told them that he would like to actually do his training in the cities, though… so, maybe we'll get lucky?

Really hard to say.

I just want the nightmare to end.

11 months is too long…

 - The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Really not sure what's going to happen here… After the most recent events I'm back to being more than just a little jaded about these fuck and run mother fuckers. I feel like giving up on the lot of them. So, really. Don't look for a lot of movement here.

I'll let you know if something interesting comes my way, but I'm not trying to force it either. They'll come when they're meant to come.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - I've been shockingly successful in holding back from messaging him. I know how busy he is!! *sigh* but I miss him every day…

Or maybe I just miss the comfort that only he seems to bring?

Whatever it is, I've been holding back. I know he'll text me when he wants me and I know I'll jump to be with him when he does.

It's all good.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing…
 - The Hopefuls - … new to…
 - Honorable Mentions - … report.

End Notes:

I have an errand to run this morning. Possibly even before I'd be able to get some breakfast in my system. I also have a whole sink full of dirty dishes that require my attention. I’m not sure how productive I'll be today because I really just want to sit down and read.

Humph!


This may or may not be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment