Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Everyone deserves a chance...

Another date, another no-show.

I'm not worried about my apathy this time because Pathfinder has helped me to better understand my place in all of this. Not all the guys who blip my radar are going to be Blue Falcons, Dragons, or Pathfinders, but I’m not going to know that until it's too late. I'm not going to know that until after I've already opened myself up to them.

It's only after I show them what's inside me that the faint of heart run away with their tails between their legs. Never to return. Never to speak to me again.

And yeah, I still process that as a rejection, and it still hurts, but I’m getting better at dealing with it.

I have another date scheduled for tonight… this one I'm pretty sure will show up, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out because he's not my type. I do admit that I have a harder time getting into guys who aren't pale and this guy is far from pale. But, Pathfinder is far from pale and you see how that turned out?

Everyone deserves a chance.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - Pathfinder wants me to say hi to Valkyrie today, LOL… so that should be cute. I'm looking forward to reporting on my progress in dealing with the writer's block. Even though I've done no real work on the novel yet. Just the fact that I'm even facing it again is a huge step. I should tell her how mentally draining it is to read the critiques, even when they're great like Geminae's are. Maybe she'll have some suggestions on how to better process them so they’re not so taxing.

I want to tell her about the Blue Falcon too. About how he took it well about him being the cause of my writer's block, and also about that slip of his. You know? The pillow talk 'I love you too'.

Yeah yeah, I know, it's just pillow talk. Don't read too much into it!! I'm right there with you.

It's just that it's worth a squee or two, okay?

Pillow talk is a huge step for the Blue Falcon. Okay?


- Writing - Right, so yesterday I finished my journal/blog and posting it to my twitters and facebooks… and then I looked at the next thing on my to-do list and it was 'read another critique'.

Exactly 1% of my brain was like 'Great! Let's get to it!'

The other 99% said: Oh look! A comfy couch… conveniently placed right in front of a big television.

And the moral of the story is that I didn't even shower yesterday.

For some reason I needed the day off. Something in me snapped and said 'you've been pushing too hard'.

*sigh*

Okay… point taken.

I used yesterday to recharge and from here on out I'm only going to process one critique a day. Then I'm going to try to stay on top of other reboots like reading/critiquing the works of others and continuing with the Ghost Stories.

I expect improvement.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - I screwed right the fuck up last night.

First there were the naps. An hour around 4 pm and then 2 hours around 7 pm.

And then I got started on a movie way too close to bedtime. Which subsequently got interrupted by not one, but two conversations on OKC.

So, I got to actual bed at like 1 in the morning.

Fuck me…

6 hours 31 minutes, 1x awake, 14x restless, 27 minutes awake/restless.

I'm dumb.

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

*points* Hey! What's that over there? *runs away*

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - I got to talk to him on his drive home last night. He didn't exactly have the best day. No one was mean to him or anything and he did nothing wrong. It was just something he had to do in the line of duty that didn't make him happy. Some people should not be allowed to DIY. Just saying.

I'm oddly happy that he's up for this promotion, even though it will mean that he'll be gone longer… he's pretty sure he'll be able to come back once he's done training for that job…

*sigh*

Want…

 - The Unicorn - I'm looking forward to this weekend. We'll probably get to the Buffy Season 5 Finale.

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - I’m not going to lie. There's a part of me that keeps entertaining these little fantasies where I get to keep him even after he gets into his serious relationship. Things like she wants to be open so he's allowed to maintain what we have. Or he realizes he misses me more than he thought he would, so he requests the opening of his relationship.

It's stupid. I know.

Loving him means letting him go.

I just hope it doesn't hurt too much when it's time to release him back into the wild.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing…
 - The Hopefuls - … new to…
 - Honorable Mentions - … report…

End Notes:

I’m trying so hard to stay open.

I need to bring in that sweetie that can potentially replace the Blue Falcon.

That's if the Blue Falcon is even replaceable. He might very well not be, and I have to take that into consideration as well. But, I at least have to try.

I have to keep recruiting, keep interviewing, keep attempting to form bonds… even if it's with guys who aren't my type on the surface. They might be my type underneath.


Everyone deserves a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment