Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Love makes us do crazy shit...

It's still too early to tell, but I might be feeling a bit better today.

I denied myself access to a potential new sweetie yesterday because the depression wave had me so far down that I couldn't bring myself to commit any act of self-care like cleaning my apartment or taking a shower. It's okay, he understood completely.

The Blue Falcon wants to drop by for a very short bit tonight just to pick up some things… that alone might be enough to get me in the shower today so that my hair will be nice.

He probably wouldn't even notice either way…

But love makes us do crazy shit for each other.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - I did have a good chat with Valkyrie yesterday, and it did seem to help quite a bit. She's on board with me getting more Vitamin D and getting into a pool to get some exercise in. So, I think we're onto something. We'll see what the Blue Falcon thinks about it…

Other than that we just talked about the depression and kicked it around a bit. Neither of us is really worried about it. We understand that it's the nature of the beast right now. The wheel turns, you know? That sort of stuff.

Coming up in October I will have been seeing her for 3 years… it feels like longer. It feels like it's always been her.

She was telling me about the previous therapist who did my intake and how she'd been reading that therapists notes on me before our first session. She was totally baffled and wasn't sure she'd be able to make heads or tails of me. And then I came in, sat down and made some obscure geek reference and Valkyrie just knew we were good.

We both realize now that it was just the previous therapist that didn't get me. Valkyrie and I get each other just fine.

It's a good feeling to be that understood by someone.

 - Writing - The recent bit of reading, and also the fresh influx of discussion in the Erotica group has kinda got my writer muscle itching… this is a good thing… If it weren't for the Unicorn's staycation coming up, I might feel a Ghost Story coming on… :/

If the fantasies start coming, I'll note them at least. That will have to do.

 - Reading - I didn't make it very far in yesterday's book choice before the soul crushing depression caved in any desire for me to read… I'm hoping for a better day today.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - The data isn't even usable this morning. It says I went to bed at 4 in the afternoon yesterday. Silly thing.

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Blood Sugar - I think I need to go back to putting my glucometer on top of my coffee cup.

 - INR - Test today.

 - Nervous System - Adjustment today.

 - Weight Management - I see my primary care doc next week… so, they'll be taking my weight. I'll get to see how badly I've fucked up on my diet or whatever.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - So, according to Bran, we're coming up on the time of year when transferring is a lot more possible. The school year is about to start and a lot of the 'seasonal' summer workers will be going back to their school locations. Jobs in several areas should be opening up.

*sigh*

Something's got to give.

I don't know how much more of this we can take.

 - The Unicorn - 2 more days!!!

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bios there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - I actually have several blips on the radar… *sigh* now if I could just get out from underneath the soul crushing depression long enough for any of them to get close…

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - Yes, I get to see him for a little bit tonight… I don't expect it to last long and I most certainly don't expect it to result in any significant amount of good physical contact.

But still…

Hugs.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing new to report.

 - The Hopefuls - One of my old chat buddies just found me on Fet! *smile* We're getting reacquainted now.

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

End Notes:

So… yeah… after writing this I pretty much have nothing else to do since the writing is on hold until after the Unicorn's staycation…

Time to shower, I hope.

Because Blue Falcon and nice hair.


Because of the crazy shit we do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment