Monday, August 14, 2017

I've always been a water baby...

The Blue Falcon wants me to do more to 'break' my depression. Like getting out more, going for walks, and getting some sun. I just talked to Bran about this and he agrees that the depression may involve a Vitamin D deficiency and so getting out would technically help. However, I'm also dealing with chronic pain issues and getting out and being active could potentially cause more harm than good. So, I'd need to do something very low impact, like using a swimming pool.

Fuck… My swim suit is well over 10 years old… I'm not even sure it's still functional. But I know both Bran and the Blue Falcon are right.

Now it's just a matter of forcing something like that into motion.

I don't want to use the outdoor swimming pool at the Blue Falcon's new place. Especially with the way the weather has been lately. It would be far too cold.

I'll present the idea and we'll see what we can come up with.

I've always been a water baby…

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - / - Writing - On hold until September'ish.

 - Reading - I'm currently reading a historical romance about a shipwrecked gay love triangle… and I'm actually liking it! The author is one of my friends. I can't wait to write her a good review.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - 8 hours 59 minutes, 1x awake, 9x restless, 13 minutes awake/restless (13 minutes!! Wow! What a great night!)

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Exercise/Yoga - So… maybe water aerobics in the not too distant future… also, maybe I should tolerate the time suck and take up the yoga again?

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - He's got some sort of a sinus thing, poor guy… and he's got a very long work day ahead of him too. I don't envy him. Other than that It's the same shit, different day… still no clue on when he's coming home… Still the suck.

 - The Unicorn - 4 more days!

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - I had a lovely time with him yesterday.

Sunday nights are when he hosts a 'movie night' with his online chat groups on Discord. This was the first weekend in his new place that I didn't have the Unicorn with me, so he had asked if I wanted to join him and I said yes. But then I didn't hear from him, so just to double check I messaged him yesterday asking if he wanted me to go to his place.

He said the choice was up to me, I could physically watch it with him, or I could log onto the chat and watch it there.

I'm sure you don't even have to guess which one I chose.

I made sure I got a quick lunch in before he picked me up. Then on the drive there we discussed my depression and he told me it was good that I was getting out of the house, but he wants me to do more to break my rut.

I agree with him… I just need to figure out how I'm going to comply.

We got to his place and he left me alone to watch something on Netflix while he took care of some unpacking and some administrative tasks. He needed to fix one of the movie posters for the night.

He offered me ice cream and cookies.

Yeah, like I was going to turn that down.

Cookie dough ice cream and Biscoff cookies. Very tasty.

We watched the pre-show together… I can't remember what it was. It was the final episode of a sitcom sort of show about a cop who was in love with his gun. Oh yeah! Sledgehammer!!

Then it was time for True Stories. It's a cult classic made by the man who sang lead for Talking Heads.

The chat was only joined by two people and they bailed within the first 20 minutes, so it was just me and the Blue Falcon after that.

We did enjoy the movie!! It's not something I would normally have chosen to watch, but that's the whole point of a movie night, right? Exposure to new things.

We held hands a little during the movie, but mostly we just sat next to each other and talked about it.

After he decided that he needed some 'me time' and I had a book to get back to anyway, so we parted company. It was all good.

I have so much love for him.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing new to report.

 - The Hopefuls - I'm chit chatting with a potential now that would be a great friend for the Unicorn… one slight hang up that wouldn't be a problem for long… Either something I should a) work on getting over, or b) maybe we could work it out to being just friends. I don't know…

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

End Notes:

The great thing about getting into the water is that it would definitely help with some weight loss and muscle density too.

I really need to figure out how to make this happen.

Maybe join a gym and rely on the Blue Falcon for transport?


I think he'd totally be down for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment