Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Banishing demons is not a lost art.

Last night I got an email from one of the Unicorn's teachers. The one I've been in the most contact with since she's been in her current school. This teacher has been very sensitive to the Unicorn's needs and she seems to understand some of the underlying tension between myself and the Unicorn's father.
The email detailed that the Unicorn is doing well. The Unicorn is bright, empathic, socially stable, and capable of making and keeping friendships. However she does still have a stubborn streak and she likes to do assignments her own way, but she's not being disrespectful to teachers anymore.
This teacher put in a whole giant paragraph about how it's important to celebrate the Unicorn's progress no matter how slow it is...  
That wasn't for my benefit.
I'm pretty sure her dad got the same email.
The teacher then went on to address the Unicorn's challenges with her anxiety.
I responded by saying that slow progress is better than no progress. I reminded the teacher that mindfulness is the only way out of the anxiety trap and I gave her some solid suggestions on how to help the Unicorn there.  
It saddens me deeply that her father has given her a full anxiety complex and she's not even 15 yet. But, I know that I have what it takes to help her fight it in the end. I know exactly what to do and how to help her, it's just going to take her being a bit older and probably living with me to do it.
It's going to take some time, but I know I know what to do.
She and I will get her through this together.
Banishing demons is not a lost art.
Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Therapy – Speaking of banishing demons, no PTSD dreams/nightmares last night/this morning. I think it's still important to address where they're coming from and how I still have a lot of underlying resentment over how the last year has played out. I know that the couples therapy with Bran will help me through most if not all of it, but you know what would really help me?
If I just had that damn window into the Screeching Harpy's world after he 'dumps' her. Gods that would be so amazing. I would love to live every agonizing moment with her. Witness every tear. I want to watch the bitch burn. I want to see her suffer.
Ugh... it's just too bad that I'll never get to see that.
- Writing – Still on hold.
- Reading – I started The Handmaid's Tale yesterday, but I didn't get very far. I find the 'prose' style very hard to read. So, even though I know I’m going to read the whole thing... eh... I'm thinking I like the show better.
- Sleep / Fitbit – 8 hours 8 minutes, 2x awake, 13, times restless, 26 minutes awake/restless. - You know I always hit the snooze for half an hour as I'm waking up, right? Well this morning I dismissed my alarm instead of hitting snooze... but guess what happened? My eyes snapped open at the 30 minute mark exactly and I got out of bed!! HELL YES! Three cheers for circadian rhythm!!
- Fur-babies - I saw Catmom just as I was leaving yesterday... I’m sad I've not cuddled kitties in awhile... I need to remind Catmom that she has my phone number. She knocks too quiet for me to hear her in the bedroom.
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- INR – Test today – I think their meter needs to be recalibrated. I think it gives readings that are way too high. Last Wednesday it gave me 2.2, but then the next day it was 1.9? That's way too much of a difference. And any time they've done blood draws when it's been TOO high, the draws always come back so much lower too.  
I don't know who I suggest that to...
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – Weird... he usually calls by now. He's been taking the younger abomination to day care before heading in to work, but no call so far. Hmm.
But he's been Snapping, though. So I know he's okay.
I miss him.
- The Unicorn – Maybe I should call her tonight, just to check in on her.
Relationships / Sweeties:
[ I took out the section on sweetie bio's, the whole 'sweetie' thing never really worked out. I only ended up with a bunch of one night stands. I'm giving up on sweeties. ]
- Recent Encounters – Nothing new to report.
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report.
- Sweeties -
- Bear - Nothing new to report.
- Rain - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Just Friends:
Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:
- The One-Timers - Nothing...  
- The Hopefuls - … new to...  
- Honorable Mentions - … report.
End Notes:  
Paperwork is currently being filed/worked on to get my legal name change pushed through. I will no longer be associated with my family anymore.  
The Unicorn his my familial last name, she doesn't have her father's last name. He wanted it that way because we weren't married when she was born and because he was adopted and with his adoptive father dead, there was no blood ties to his familial last name anyway.
When the Unicorn is done with high school, she's getting her name changed too.  
This has already been discussed.
She wants my name.
My new last name, she wants it too.
Me and her. Family.
Two against the world.

How bitchin is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment