Thursday, October 19, 2017

I'm glad I have my boys. :)

Crazy dreams before waking up this morning.  
It's probably safe to say I've finally gotten my libido back.  
The depression took it away from me for a little while, but mostly thanks to Bear being a great antidepressant, that seems to have abated.  
The Blue Falcon played his role as well. Whenever I was with him and things got handsy, I was always a very willing sex partner... but I had no desire to be sexual when he wasn't there.
With Bear, I still have that sex drive even after I'm alone again.
It's very comforting to have it back.
I was starting to worry!
Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Therapy – So, again, I'm very comforted to know that the depression hasn't completely beaten me. Granted this 'antidepressant' is an external force that could be taken away from me at any time, and I recognize the fault in putting all my faith in it. But, to be honest, I don't see Bear going anywhere any time soon. I really feel like I can trust him to be there for me even after Bran gets home. And I’m still going to need him then. When Bran comes back there's still going to be an adjustment period. I'm still going to need support. I know I'll be able to count on both Bear and the Blue Falcon to be there for me throughout that process.
I'm glad I have my boys.  :)
- Writing – Still on hold.
- Reading – OMG, that series I started? I didn't even make it through chapter 3. It appears that I've developed an absolutely zero tolerance for arbitrary PoV shifts. I don't mind Dual PoV in romance. I don't mind it one bit. But it has to be broken up by chapter, or signaled in some way. You can't just be in one characters head one second and then be in the other characters head the next second. It just doesn't work that way. And, especially in this case, it was particularly heinous. The mystery of our leading lady was the ONLY thing the story had going for it. It was the only thing keeping the story interesting. So, suddenly being in her head and understanding her motives. BAM! Mystique GONE! And I quit soon after.
Then I started a book about a billionaire vampire and his brand new, pitifully broke assistant. Which means I can totally see where this is going already, but the PoV shifts are broken up by chapter, so it still has SOMETHING going for it!!
So far, anyway.
- Sleep / Fitbit – 8 hours 35 minutes, 8x awake, 21x restless, 61 minutes awake/restless - see... I told you it was a rough night. Sheesh!
- Fur-babies – Nothing new to report.
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- INR – 3.1 - that's a little on the high side. They want me to back off a bit on my rat poison dose today and then take it back to normal after that.
  • Dentist Today! - I know you know I'm not happy about this. Even though It's just the consultation, the anxiety is there. Even though I've toughened up my sensitive gums as much as possible with the flossing, the anxiety is still there... I know this is going to involve pain, and I don't like it. I don't like it one little bit.
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – No call yesterday, but he's been keeping up with the Snaps, so I at least know he's okay.
- The Unicorn – Guess who's sleeping the morning away on the living room sofa as I write this!! - She has some extra days off of school and we talked her dad into letting her have a long weekend with me. Today she's going to look for an anime that we can both enjoy, then tomorrow there's going to be a Buffy/Angel crossover marathon!!
Relationships / Sweeties:
[ I took out the section on sweetie bio's, the whole 'sweetie' thing never really worked out. I only ended up with a bunch of one night stands. I'm giving up on sweeties. ]
- Recent Encounters – Nothing new to report
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon – He's aware that the Unicorn is spending extra time and he's going to try to drop by to spend some time with the both of us.
- Sweeties -
- Bear – Second verse, same as the first. Bear has been informed that the Unicorn is aware of sweeties and what they mean to me for my continued mental health. He knows she loves to meet them, so he's thinking about dropping by some time in the next few days too.
Relationships / Just Friends:
I've made a friend in the local Poly community on Facebook. He comes to me for a lot of advice on how to handle things in his relationship. I'm more than happy to help as much as I can.
His location is far away (still in MN, but rural), and he doesn't have a working vehicle. Plus there's 3 young kids in the mix. But, if it weren't for those factors, we both agree that we would have been snuggle buddies by now.
Still, he's a good friend. I'm glad he's there.
Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:
- The One-Timers – Nothing...
- The Hopefuls – … new to...
- Honorable Mentions – … report.
End Notes:  
That's it for today... I can hear that the Unicorn is up and around, so I really need to wrap it up.
If you've read this far, I hope you have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment