Monday, October 2, 2017

Time Flies...

Yesterday I reconnected with my most favorite Boss of all time. He was the only person who never gave me panic attacks and there were even times when I felt comfortable going to him with personal matters.

Every once in awhile I'll check social media to see if I can find him.

I found him.

We chatted for a bit yesterday.

Even with a different name, he recognized me immediately. He said he remembered me as being 'always happy', and then he told me the most shocking thing I think I've ever heard in my life.

He told me that *I* INSPIRED *HIM* to take a look at his own life!

When he saw the way I handled my Sleep Apnea diagnosis and how getting a CPAP changed me overnight, and then the horror of my difficult pregnancy that caused me to leave that job.

He doesn't work in offices anymore.

He's a Journeyman Electrician now. 

How fucking cool is that?

We had a good talk.

I've missed his wisdom.

It's amazing to think that the last time I talked to him I was still pregnant, and now the Unicorn is going to be 14 years old in just two weeks.

Fuck me.

Time Flies.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - The depression seems to still be taking a break, but I'm starting to feel the first twinges of loneliness. I don't know if that means that I should call on Bear's services sooner rather than later or if I should just ride it out a little bit. The last thing I want to do is develop a dependency on anyone for even the tiniest little thing.

I do want to see him again, though.

I think I'd like a good experience to wash away the 'Whatever Dudes' from the night before last away.

 - Writing - Still on hold.

 - Reading - I'm enjoying the collection that I’m currently reading. I'm really liking the ways that the stories are different, but the same. The central figures are a band of vampires that all live together.

No really, they're a rock band!! And they all live together.

The different stories are about each vampire going through the struggle of finding his fated mate and man do these guys ever fuck it up!! For guys who are thousands of years old, they act like petulant children!

I’m in the third story now, and the stories are starting to wear a bit thin, but I know I can see this through to the end.

It's not as good as that Alien Romance that I read… but it's okay.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - 8 hours 4 minutes, 2x awake, 14x restless, 40 minutes awake/restless.

 - Fur-babies - My writing chair is still broken, so I've moved to my bedroom where it's more comfortable. Then with my music on, I know I can't hear anyone at the door. So I think that's why I haven't heard much from the kitties lately.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Blood Sugar - 139 - That's a bit high, especially considering they raised my diabetes medication. Something seems off… I'm wondering if it's the rice I had for two meals yesterday? Too much grain/starch?

 - Exercise/Yoga - I'm running dangerously low on some essentials, so I have to walk to the store today. That will count as my exercise.

 - Weight Management - I haven't been eating well. Again. Because I haven't made it out to shop for healthy groceries in a bit (no ride) I've been resigned to eating the foods that I get from the food shelf. That means mostly non-paleo. I've been eating a lot of beans and rice.

I make it really good, though!

But I do worry that it's too much grain/starch in my system.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - It's been the weekend, so all I've gotten are a few snaps… then after he starts the new 'stay at home' job… who knows when I'll hear from him at all?

 - The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ I took out the section on sweetie bio's, the whole 'sweetie' thing never really worked out. I only ended up with a bunch of one night stands. I'm giving up on sweeties. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - As promised, I did text him last night to ask how he enjoyed his trip and his get together. Turns out he's still there and having a good time. He's coming back sometime today.

*sigh*

I miss him.

 - Sweeties -

 - Bear - I send him the occasional cutesy text, but he doesn't always reply, so it's hard to gauge where we are sometimes. I’m sure he's busy with his own things, but I honestly don't know enough about him to know what those things are.

This is a product of me not asking enough questions.

When I’m with him, I'm usually very quiet and just enjoying the feeling of his arms around me and his gentle touch on my skin.

I think I need to speak up more.

Relationships / Just Friends:

Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One-Timers - Nothing…
 - The Hopefuls - … new to…
 - Honorable Mentions - … report.

End Notes:

I don't really have much to say in closing…

I'm not looking forward to having to walk to the store…

I know that I have to, but I got really spoiled with the Blue Falcon always giving me rides to go shopping.

Plus this is a smaller store with greater prices… so, I'll have to be careful.


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment