Friday, February 23, 2018

We the Overthinkers...

When we're stuck on something, we think forwards... we imagine every possible outcome. We prepare for every possible conversation. We plan ahead, making ourselves eloquent because we're scatter brains who get easily flustered in person. So, we rehearse our lines, over and over again... hoping to make it all go the way we feel it needs to go.
We think backwards... we experience miles and miles of regret. All the words we wish we could have taken back. Every mistake on instant replay, over and over again... hoping to never make the same errors again.
We think sideways... we make contingency plans and exit strategies... just in case.
I can sit here all day and chide myself for my 'unhealthy' level of obsession.
But, I’m not the only one.  
There are other overthinkers out there doing the same thing that I am.  
Other sights set on other targets.
Other plans either bound for success or doomed to fail.
We the Overthinkers.
My brothers and sisters everywhere.
Mental Health / Self-Care:
- Therapy – I think everyone should have a favorite song by every artist they listen to. I also think that each song should have a deep, emotional connection... Helping one relate to themselves or other people a little bit better.
- Writing – Nothing new to report.
- Reading - Nothing new to report.
- Yarn Therapy -  Yarn did not make it into the March budget at all... which is okay because I still have enough yarn for my next three projects. Also, Spiritual Ripples is only sitting at 6-¼" and the standard length before the heal split is 14". I have a ways to go yet.
- Sleep / Fitbit – 6 hours 23 minutes, 5x awake, 19x restless, 64 minutes awake/restless - rough night... super hungry – ate a granola bar because there was literally nothing else. Bran's been having car troubles, so there's been no recent trips to acquire quick/easy noms. He had to get up super early to take care of said car troubles, but I was able to go back down for another REM cycle, so I'm feeling okay.
- Fur-babies - #NapAttack cut into Cat Therapy time last night... I need to put myself to bed earlier.
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Nervous System – Despite the sleep schedule getting fucked to a 'not going to bed on time' level again, the headaches haven't come back. So, I'm guessing this is the work of my chiropractor. We'll see what the neurologist has to say.
 
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – He's such a fucking tease... last night he spanked me just enough to play games with my sense of pleasure response... and then he said 'yeah right' when I asked for more.
I hate it that he can never be Dominant with me. I hate it that it's a joke to him.
I hate it that no one has ever met my expectations of a Dominant.
- The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Sweeties:
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report.
- Sweeties -
Nothing new to report.
 - AmbiguSweeties -
 - Pathfinder - Nothing new to report.
- Never Enough - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Just Friends:
Nothing new to report.
End Notes:  
I’m pretty sure that the reason I haven't returned to that other Ghost Story that I started is that my Overthinking has already pushed me on to other scenarios. So, instead of finishing stories... maybe I just need to write down the story starters? Just another part of the Overthinking process? Actually mapping out the dialogs to better rehearse my lines?
Sure...  

Why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment