Wednesday, May 10, 2017

... still waking up...

I woke up before the alarm… fell back asleep… alarm went off right in the middle of a REM cycle…

So, now I have that 'I was dreaming' kind of groggy going on.

I'm hoping coffee will be the cure.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - The game therapy wedge continues to take up more and more space in the work/life balance. This has me worried. I hope the writing isn't suffering. I don't feel like it is. I know I'm taking the breaks from the work that I need to take. It's just that how much gaming is too much? When is enough enough?

 - Writing - I got somewhere in the new chapter 12 yesterday. These are the added scenes that I missed in version 3.0. They're changing the structure a bit and now I still need to make sure that everything is meshing. Some things will end up being altered because they won't fit, but I’m pretty sure a good portion of it will stay the same.

The thing about writing expansions is that revision head space is very different than composition head space.

In revision head space you have to re-read passages you've read 50 times without skimming. You have to maintain a critical eye and check and recheck for flow.

In composition head space, it's all about the muse and you write from a place of creativity.

Being able to toggle back and forth between the two head spaces isn't always easy, but I seem to be managing okay lately. Hence, chapter 12 getting somewhere.

Now I get to drill down to the story structure review and revision process on that chapter to make sure I didn't miss anything.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - 8 hours 10 minutes, 2x awake, 10x restless, total of 27 minutes awake/restless. (good)

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Caffeine - I’m already starting to perk up on the first cup, so I feel pretty confident about just 3 today.

 - Blood Sugar - 131 - not perfect, but not bad…

 - Exercise/Yoga - I did exercise yesterday… I'm hoping to do more today

 - Weight Management - I've been doing well at only eating 3 meals a day. Let's hope I can keep that up!

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - There is some good/bad news. The housing help he's been expecting might not have gone through. If that happens, his housing up north is toast. There's no way he can manage. He'll have to put in for an emergency transfer back to the cities. That's both good and bad too. On the good side, I'd have him back, but on the bad side the employment angle might suffer as he'll have to take whatever job is available and it might be further out of the cities (longer commute) or less pay.

*sigh* I just miss him and I want him home.

But, I want his homecoming to be on his terms.

 - The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - My date for last night stood me up. *shrug* don't know why. It's okay, though. I'm sure he had a good reason.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - Still working on getting the Blue Falcon and the Pen Pal talking. The Blue Falcon didn't hit 'reply all' in his email and I forgot to mention that the Pen Pal isn't local. Heh… we'll get it sorted.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - I'm very thankful to both Racecar and Bemidji for getting me back up on my succubus feet again. I must admit, having freshly fed has put a whole different outlook on one night stands again. Now I remember why they were both tasty and worth it.

 - The Hopefuls - I do have a date tonight. He seems very promising. He's in an open relationship and also planning on moving soon (August). He's looking for snuggles and possibly more. *smile* We'll see. I'm not expecting much. He mostly seemed attracted to my sweetness. Which is good. I do my best to put the sweetness out there!

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Former Sweeties:

 - Jasper - Nothing new to report.

End Notes:

I’m starting to wake up now… it's very much on my list to do the dishes today…

Yeah, wish me luck on that one.


I've not been feeling up to much that's active lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment