Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"Don't poke me with your Narwhal!"

Last Sunday Bran discovered a new grocery store called Fresh Thyme, which has been described as Whole Foods at half the price. Last night he took me to check it out myself. We didn't buy much. Just some fancy candy, some high-end sausages for me, and some mini cinnamon rolls for him.
Then he took me over to the literal WALL of protein powders.  
See, I have this natural protein deficiency. I'm supposed to be consuming a minimum of 60g of protein a day to compensate and I'm lucky if I get half that, so we're always on the search for a good protein supplement that I can actually have.
I fucking walked right up to it.
It was the first thing I saw.
Bone Broth, with Turmeric, designed to increase mobility... The health benefits of Bone Broth and Turmeric together alone, plus protein... this is a godsend, but could I have it?
I flip it over and check the ingredients... all good... I look up at Bran - "I can have this!"
I flip it back over and ta-da! Big ass indicator right on the front: Paleo Fucking Friendly.
Yeah, It's expensive, but it's literally EVERYTHING I need in one powder.
Bran is going to try to work some of his special Bran-Magick to see if he can get it cheaper. :)
--
After that we wandered around a little bit more and eventually happened upon the requisite grocery store stuffling display. I squealed my little heart out because they had a SLOTH stuffling!! OMG, the cute!! Then Bran pointed out the absolutely gorgeous fox that we both know the Unicorn would adore the hell out of.
Then I saw something with a horn and I had to pull it out. More unexpected cute. I poked him in the beard with it.  
It's true... of all the sentences neither of us ever expected Bran to have to speak in his lifetime... the following was probably at the top of that list:
"Don't poke me with your Narwhal!"
LOL
Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Therapy – Nothing new to report.
- Writing - Nothing new to report.
- Reading - Nothing new to report.
- Yarn Therapy – I should be closing the cuff and doing a test fit in the next little bit here.
- Sleep / Fitbit – Blah... didn't record. :(
- Fur-babies – Dreamy is sacked out on the edge of my bed right now.  :)
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- INR – It's been consistent at 2.2 for weeks now... this is very very good!!!
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – I hate to say it, but the near death of our relationship and the year+ apart was actually really good for our relationship. We're the best we've ever been.
This doesn't mean I thank of forgive the bitch who put us there. I still think karma owes her a heavy hand of backlash, and dammit, she's going to get it.
It just means we faced her challenge and we overcame it. We proved to ourselves and each other that we truly do belong together.
He's my mate.  
I love him.
- The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Sweeties:
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report.
- Sweeties -
Nothing new to report.
 - AmbiguSweeties -
 - Pathfinder - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Just Friends:
Nothing new to report.
End Notes:  
I was SORE AS FUCK after all that time wandering around two grocery stores (we had to hit Cub for real food too). So... this adds to my thoughts regarding exercise from yesterday. It seems like I can't do much of anything without triggering the inflammation.  
I have GOT to get my diet in order and that's that.

No amount of exercise will benefit me until I get my inflammation under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment