Sunday, January 7, 2018

It does go a lot faster with the two of us...

Bran is helping me with the dishes today. Which is great, because it does go a lot faster, but it's been slightly challenging to teach him the concept of air drying dishes without a rack. I don't have a rack. The rack I want has been on my Amazon Wish List for over a year, along with other things like water filters... which have also been there for over a year.
Yes, I've been using the same water filter for over a year.
I live miles below the poverty line and there's just some shit I haven't been able to afford yet. Including a rack.
So, teaching Bran to 'tilt' dishes against the wall so that they get proper air flow has been interesting. It seems like this shouldn't be such a hard concept to grasp, but... I guess he's just used to living with a few more basic conveniences than I am.
Still, I'm so glad for his help!! It's SO sweet that he's not leaving me to do all the housework alone. It does go a lot faster with the two of us.
Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Therapy – Nothing new to report.
- Writing - Nothing new to report.
- Reading - Nothing new to report.
- Yarn Therapy – This morning I did the cast on for the new leg warmers. By my measurements, the cast on should be 90 stitches, but it visually reads as HUGE to me. However, if I remember correctly, the failed attempt that I just ripped had a cast on of 70 stitches and that was way too narrow.  
The truth is, I won't know for sure if it's the right size or not until I finish the full cuff and close it. I might end up having to rip and recalculate again, which is nothing new, of course.  
I’m thinking of taking this with me to Movie Night tonight just so I can get it closed off to 'try on' size. This may or may not pan out. It depends on how good the lighting is.
It would be a good idea, though. For one, it would get it either done or close to done, and for two, I'm not entirely interested in tonight's movie. I'm mostly just going to hang out with the Blue Falcon. Movie nights are the only times I see him now.
Sad, but true.
- Sleep / Fitbit – 6 hours 12 minutes, 3x awake, 14x restless, 30 minutes awake/restless. The narrow sleep window is my own doing. I stayed up late to watch a movie with Bran and then I got up at a specific time to get enough coffee in before the dishes needed to start getting done. It's all good. I had enough caffeine to get me through.
- Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – I'm noticing that I've been getting a little testy with him lately... he doesn't seem overly bothered by it and I'm trying to catch myself when I do it and quickly alter course, but to be honest I wish it just didn't happen at all. Granted, blood moon is supposed to start today and it could be PMS/PMDD kicking in, but I don't really feel like that's an excuse.
I want to be good to my husband.  :(
- The Unicorn - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Sweeties:
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon – I don't know where I stand with the Blue Falcon anymore. It feels like we're not even sweeties now. He never makes time for me. There haven't even been cuddles since Bran's been back. The only time I see him is movie night. It's like he's just so busy that he's forgotten all about me.
I miss him.
- Sweeties -
Nothing new to report.
 - AmbiguSweeties -
 - Pathfinder – I had a long chit-chat with Pathfinder last night. He's not doing well. I'm lucky that he comes to me when he's not doing okay. I'm privileged to be his therapy and his confidant. I just wish there were more that I could do. He's very far away, so there's no chance of cuddles or anything to really dig deep and help him, and the best thing I know for solo-therapy (knitting) is something he won't even be able to take up for a couple of months yet.
I want to do more, but I'm really glad that he seems blessed with what little I am able to offer him.
There's a lot of love there, on both sides.
It's a good thing.
Relationships / Just Friends:
Nothing new to report.
End Notes:  
I have a plan for today that includes finishing the dishes, showering and getting ready for Movie Night... I think I am going to take the yarn with me... I need to get these leg warmers stable in their pattern and on to the two-at-a-time needles before I can return to sewing the embellishments on Misha's stuff.

It's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment