Saturday, January 6, 2018

It took me over 3 hours!

Yarn strikes again!
I have a pile of dishes accumulated from the Unicorn's staycation. I had planned to get them done (as well as other housework) today. I completely failed in that regard.
My plan this morning was to use my most alert hours to at least get the pattern figured out for my new leg warmers. This took FOREVER and cut into my bodies rhythm for housework hours.
Now I have to try to fit it in before Movie Night tomorrow...  
Ugh.
Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:
- Therapy – Nothing new on the mental health wavelength. I've been doing really well.
- Writing – Nuh uh.
- Reading – Nope.
- Yarn Therapy – Here we go! - I'm discovering how mentally taxing it is to sew down those fucking embellishments. I realize it doesn't SEEM like a huge task, but when it involves pushing needles in and pulling them out where I can't see them, and occasionally nicking the back side of the legwarmer and fucking the whole thing up... yeah... it gets frustrating, fast.
So, I keep getting mentally wiped out and I find myself wishing that I had something productive but a little more mindless to occupy my mind/hands. I've wanted to start on my leg warmers for a while now, but the only way to do that is to write my pattern during an alert phase, not a mentally taxed phase.
Ergo, this morning I decided to use my coffee and contemplation hours to begin my pattern writing... it took me over 3 HOURS. Yes, it's that convoluted because it also includes a series of side opening buttonholes along the top, which I had to figure both left and right leg patterns for. I also had to figure in how the pattern would lay out with the set of increases I'd have to make to accommodate the girth of my calf over the tight squeeze of the area just below my knee.
I know, I know. It doesn't seem that hard... but it is, so fuck off.
- Sleep / Fitbit – 7 hours 28 minutes, 3x awake, 11x restless, 26 minutes awake/restless... still not bad for going down at 3am.
- Fur-babies – Apparently there's a set time of day in which all cats (even the big cats at the zoo) always go down for a long nap. I don't know if it was because Catmom was drunk off her ass again, but Dreamy got to spend his entire afternoon nap time with me. It was really quite lovely!!
Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:
Say what?
Relationships / Family:
- Bran – I know I say it a lot, but I LOVE it when he reaches for me in the mornings. Those lazy wake-ups next to him where he feels so happy to have me there... pure heaven.
- The Unicorn – Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Sweeties:
- Updates on Favorites -  
- Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report.
- Sweeties -
Nothing new to report.
 - AmbiguSweeties -
 - Pathfinder - Nothing new to report.
Relationships / Just Friends:
Nothing new to report.
End Notes:  
You know exactly what I’m doing now, right?
Yup, I’m speeding through this so I can get back to my fucking yarn!

HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment