Sunday, April 23, 2017

... and the horse you rode in on...

So… there's this really clingy kid that I'm E-Pen-Pal's with and I'll freely admit here that it's all out of charity. He's seriously depressed and has few friends that stick with him for very long (three guesses why). The level of negativity isn't exactly palpable, but the sense of 'total downer' is a little much at times.

Okay, so here's the thing, he's a writer too. You'd think that one thing would give us something to bond over, right?

Nope.

He's never read one single thing that I've written.

I've _tried_ to read his stuff.

It's awful.

He writes fan-fic.

It doesn't even matter if he's giving shows better closure or better endings. I've NEVER seen these shows, so I have zero comparison!

I’m talking about the writing itself. It's hideious. He mixes tenses. He's mixing one persons actions with another persons words in the same paragraph. He's making the most serious rookie mistakes that we all make when we're just starting out. Hell, I used to make them. But, I've learned how to take critiques and I've improved my writing considerably. He won't even do that. I point out those little things and he just brushes it off like 'yeah, I don't care'.

As a result…

… I don't care.

I have no desire to read any more of his work.

I keep trying to be polite and say 'no' or 'not now' and some days he just does not get the hint!

Most recently I've told him that all of my 'reading time' is taken up on Scribophile, where I'm banking karma to post my ripped/re-started chapters.

So, today I open up my email and read him telling me that he thinks the karma system is flawed.

OH FUCK YOU!

I actually LOVE the karma system, thank you very much. Piss off.

I really wish I didn't feel obligated to email with him every day.

I'm so done with this friendship, but I’m seriously like the only friend he has.

*sigh*

Anyway…

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - There are days when I really hit burnout early and I'm gaming by 1pm… and I can't tell if that's gaming addiction or if that's legit burnout. Either way, there are days when I get a lot less work done.

The work is still getting done… just some days more than others.

 - Writing - So, the former Chapter 5, now Chapter 6 seems to be having some trouble. It's nearly 4K in length… that's about 1K longer than it should be and I should really consider chopping it in half. The problem is I can't find the seam to rip, and I don't have a hook to lead to from 6 to 7 if I do rip it.

I'm going to have to rely on crit feedback on that one.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - Actually REALLY GOOD last night. I’m only about finished with my first cup of coffee and I'm already feeling pretty awake. 8 hours, 20 minutes,  2x awake (and both of those were just as I was falling asleep, I didn't wake up at all once I was down), 13x restless, total of 29 minutes awake/restless.

 - Fur-babies - Nothing new to report.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Caffeine - Should be fine with three today.

 - Blood Sugar - 131, tad high, but not horrible.

 - Exercise/Yoga - It's nuts, but I don't exercise where people can see me… so, hopefully back on track with this tomorrow.

I did tell the Blue Falcon that I've been exercising a little bit. He was TOTALLY supportive. He was proud of me for the little that I've been doing and he softly encouraged me to do more, but he didn't push.

He's so sweet.

I love him so much.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - It's still the same news. He hates where he is. He wants to come home. There's no job waiting for him in the cities. There's no home waiting for him up north. There's a good chance he'll have to leverage her and the kids just to keep a roof over his head.

Basically it all pretty much just sucks. It's fucked up.

It will work out.

But it's fucked up.

I hate this.

 - The Unicorn - Entry is coming in a little bit late today because  the Unicorn and I did a little mother/daughter bonding earlier. We finished out Season 4 of Buffy. She really enjoyed it and it and once again the boss fight went down very closely to the way she predicted it was.

I know every parent thinks their kid is awesome.

But, my kid is amazing!

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - I think I'm going to ask if he'll take me to get my hair cut. I have the funds for it now and I know he would love it if I'd ask him.

I'm really beginning to love him.

I'm not falling in love with him. But, the more I hang out with him, the more I realize just how wonderful of a person he is and I feel so priviliged to know him.

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing new to report.

 - The Hopefuls -

  --  Friday  -- I received a brief note from Friday yesterday. He's getting my messages, but he doesn’t always reply. Once again he's mentioned that things on his end are bad. Really bad. The worst they've ever been.

I have to keep reminding myself that he's on the verge of grief and loss. He could be facing the agony of losing a child if he's not able to fix his relationship.

I know that pain all too well. I know how he's probably blaming himself right now and feeling like he might have failed or could be potentially abandoning his daughter.

No wonder he can't always find it in himself to reply to me. I'm part of the cause for all of this.

I just need to suck it the fuck up.

It's not his job to pander to my insecurities.

It's my job to trust him in spite of them. As always!

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Former Sweeties:

 - Jasper - Nothing new to report.

End Notes:

Again… really late start to the day now… it's already going on half past noon and I'm usually done with the writing for the day by now…

I might just take the day off and game.


I'm not even sure if I'd feel guilty if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment