Monday, April 24, 2017

Keep your Slush to yourself:

I’m not going to go so far as to say that I just told Mr. Clingy off. But, I was uncharacteristically honest about why I have no desire to read his fan-fic ever again. I told him that a) I have zero connection to the shows/characters he's writing about, so I can't discern whether or not he's writing better endings anyway, and 2) he makes so many rookie mistakes as a writer that his work is really hard to digest.

I've mentioned his writing mistakes to him in the past. He pretty much told me he doesn't care. So, then why should I bother? If he's just expecting me to read trash and then give him an arbitrary thumbs up, then what's the point?

Keep in mind, I've received tough critiques in the past. I've had critters who seriously confused the words critique with criticize, and I'm trying not to be one of those. I tried to be polite, but fair. I was aiming for honesty.

My goal is just to have him NOT ask me to read his fan-fic ever again.

Just move on to another topic buddy.

--

In other news, the weekend with the Unicorn closed out on highly positive notes. I'll update that in her section.

Mental Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Therapy - I hit burnout early yesterday. The Unicorn interrupted writing time with Buffy time and by the time I could have gotten back to work, I was already cooked… So, LOTS of gaming yesterday…

 - Writing - Got skipped yesterday. Should be able to get back on track today.

 - Sleep / Fitbit - Pretty damn good last night, despite the Unicorn's propensity for playing with water and me sleeping in puddles. 8 hours, 12 minutes, 2x awake, 7x restless, total of 18 minutes awake/restless.

 - Fur-babies - Received visits from both Dreamy and Splotches yesterday. Dreamy snuggled with the Unicorn a bit and Splotches took some lap time with me. It was good.

Physical Health / Unfuck Yourself:

 - Caffeine - I feel very confident in my ability to keep it to 3 today.

 - Blood Sugar - 127 - not perfect, but not terrible either.

Relationships / Family:

 - Bran - I didn't get any phone calls yesterday… he had the day off, so he was around her all the time.

Fuck, I hate her so much. She's still taking him away from me every day and he doesn't see that.

I just wish he'd come home already.

 - The Unicorn - We finished up Season 4 of Buffy yesterday. Once again, the final boss fight went down pretty close to the way she predicted it. I’m so proud of my little geeklet!

Then, later in the afternoon, I heard an ice cream truck outside and I remembered that I had $6 in my wallet from when I loaded cash onto my pre-paid credit card.

So, I went and offered her a trip to the truck and she said yes.

We found the truck and I told her to get whatever she wanted.

She was so sweet, she kept trying to focus on the items that were the least expensive. She knows I have $ struggles. I know her favorite flavor is vanilla and I pointed out the items with the most vanilla in them, oh… but then I saw the LEMON one!! And it was one of the more expensive items too! But, I talked her into it. Then I got a cookies-n-crème bar for me.

She really liked it. It was super sour and lemony.

It made me feel so good to get her a treat.

I think I'm going to make sure I have cash left over every time I load money on that card from now on… I really liked the smile it put on her face.

Ugh… now my heart is breaking… I miss her so much.

But, I'm glad that we bond so hard whenever she's with me. It's really special.

Relationships / Sweeties:

[ If you're a reader and having trouble keeping the code named sweeties straight, look up above this entry and below the header. There's a link to a list of names/bio's there. - this is a work in progress, so if you're a sweetie and you don't see your name listed, don't worry, I'll get to you. ]

 - Recent Encounters - Nothing new to report.

 - Updates on Favorites -

 - Blue Falcon - Nothing new to report

Relationships / Potentials and Honorable Mentions:

 - The One Timers - Nothing new to report.

 - The Hopefuls -

  --  Friday  -- We may have hit a small snag with our potential meeting this Friday… I'll be on the second (and heaviest) day of my period. I sent him a note explaining this, but I've heard nothing back from him, yet.

 - Honorable Mentions - Nothing new to report.

Relationships / Former Sweeties:

 - Jasper - I should really tap in and check on him at some point.

End Notes:

So, in closing, with any luck I won't be pressured to read any terrible fan-fic anymore. Then I can focus my attention on the reading that I DO enjoy without any guilt trips. Also, here's hoping that my honesty will get me a little less contact out of Mr. Clingy.

I miss the Unicorn.


I should ping the Blue Falcon and see if he's free this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment